To ensure the festival is held in the safest and most professional manner, we engage the services of professional organisers dragonboatevents.ch.
The supervising team is made up of:
- 1 Professional Race Director who heads the competition
- 1 Chief Marshall in charge of overall safety and coordinating the teams on dry land
- Marshals to assist the Chief Marshall in carrying out dry land duties
- Qualified instructors will brief teams on safety and technique before racing
- Professional Steerspersons, responsible for a team when in the dragonboats; to advise and assist each team, in order to reach full paddling potential
- Timing judges to keep accurate scores
Dragonboats, paddles and life vests are provided. dragonboatevents.ch GmbH is the only professional supplier of dragonboat events in Switzerland. The company was founded in 2000. Daniel Schmid and Felix Meier are dragonboating professionals who have gained experience over many years by participating in major events such as European and World Championships. dragonboatevents.ch GmbH achieved its first major coup in 2001, with a race for Swissair management in Montreux.